Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring = Prom

Thursday and Friday we decorated for prom. I really didn't want to not have school those two days but in order to help it was necessary. I reminded myself that after these two days, we weren't going to have prom committee meetings after this week -- so it made it a little easier. Of course there were lessons learned during those two days and the rewards that were reaped were priceless.

Prom was such a special time. It began with dinner at a Bennihana type restaurant. Party of 18! Some were parents, some had dates, some didn't. It didn't matter. Everyone had a nice time and the food was fabulous and everyone looked beautiful and handsome.

Next was prom itself. What a wonderful memory filled night for my whole family. My dear husband and I learned to dance via the dance instructor and Little Miss Muffett and Little Boy Blue were dance partners for a time during the lessons. Later my dear husband and LMM danced. I wished I would have seen it but I was attending to one of my duties in the kitchen. There were pictures galore. There were pictures, punch, and a King and Queen.

Afterward, everyone (almost) went bowling. The girls looked just beautiful in their sportier clothes with all the curls and updo hairstyles. Yes, some girls even bowled in their formal dresses. They bowled until it was time to shut the doors. At the end, another mom and I passed by the security guard, he complimented our group on how well behaved everyone was. There were 12 lanes. I agree, the children were very well behaved but still had tons of fun.

Anyone that wonders if homeschooled children miss out, my answer remains the same as it has always been - they only miss the junk that no one needs. Yes, this was a homeschool prom and it was a blast. Realizing that not everyone dances and not all children may be allowed to attend the prom, it was still okay because they were able to attend the bowling festivities.

Cherish the special time and moments with your children. They grow up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment